New Echota Historic Site

Near Calhoun, this site was the capital of the Cherokee nation from 1825 to 1838. The site consists of a modern museum; the print shop where The Cherokee Phoenix (a Cherokee-English bilingual newspaper) was printed; restored Cherokee tavern; the Council House and more.

Internal Links:                                   External Links:
Georgia Before Oglethorpe

Ancient Civilizations of Georgia        New Echota Historic Site

Public Indian Sites of Georgia            Cherokee Phoenix

Public Indian Events of Georgia

Tagged with  

Comments are closed.