Fort King George Historic Park

This site, on the river bluff, had been used by Indians for over 10,000 years. The lower bluff on the Altamaha River was occupied by a succession of Indian groups, was later inhabited by the Spanish missionaries, and eventually became a British fortified outpost in 1721. The museum at the site relates the story of the Indian as well as the Spanish, British, and Scottish generations of Americans. (912) 437-4770

Internal Links:
Public Indian Events of Georgia: Fort King George “Debatable Land” Encampment

External Links:
Official Web Site

Comments are closed.